|"This is a new line of
stories for boys, by the author of the Boy Ranchers series. The Bob Dexter
books are of the character that may be called detective stories, yet they
are without the objectionable features of the impossible characters and
absurd situations that mark so many books in that class. These stories deal
with the up-to-date adventures of a normal, healthy lad who has a great
desire to solve mysteries." -- Cupples and Leon advertisement
- BOB DEXTER AND THE CLUB HOUSE MYSTERY; OR, THE SECRET OF THE GOLDEN
EAGLE -- "This story tells how the Boys' Athletic Club was
despoiled of its trophies in a strange manner and how, among other things
stolen, was the Golden Eagle mascot. How Bob Dexter turned himself into an
amateur detective and found not only the mascot, but who had taken it,
makes interesting and exciting reading" -- 1925. Cupples & Leon.
- BOB DEXTER AND THE BEACON BEACH MYSTERY; OR, THE WRECK OF THE SEA
HAWK -- "When Bob and his chum went to Beacon Beach for their
summer vacation, they were plunged, almost at once, into a strange series
of events, not the least of which was the sinking of the Sea Hawk. How
some men tried to get the treasure off the sunken vessel, and how Bob and
his chum foiled them, and learned the secret of the lighthouse, form a
great story." -- 1925. Cupples & Leon.
- BOB DEXTER AND THE STORM MOUNTAIN MYSTERY; OR, THE SECRET OF THE LOG CABIN
-- "Bob Dexter came upon a man mysteriously injured and befriended
him. This led the young detective into the swirling midst of a series of
strange events and into the companionship of strange persons, not the
least of whom was the man with the wooden leg. But Bob got the best of
this vindictive individual, and solved the mystery of the log cabin,
showing his friends how the secret entrance to the house was
accomplished." -- 1925. Cupples & Leon.
- BOB DEXTER AND THE AEROPLANE MYSTERY; OR, THE SECRET OF THE JINT SAN
-- 1930. Cupples & Leon.
- BOB DEXTER AND THE SEAPLANE MYSTERY; OR, THE SECRET OF THE WHITE
STONES -- 1931. Cupples & Leon.
- BOB DEXTER AND THE RED AUTO MYSTERY; OR, THE SECRET OF THE FLYING CAR
-- 1932. Cupples & Leon.
- BOB DEXTER AND THE RADIO MYSTERY; OR, THE SECRET OF THE COUNTERFEITERS
-- 1933. Cupples & Leon.