THE JOE STRONG SERIES
By Vance Barnum
"Vance Barnum is a real treasure when it comes to telling about how magicians do their weird tricks, how the circus acrobats pull off their various stunts, how the "fishman" remains under water so long, how the mid-air performers loop the loop and how the slack-wire fellow keeps from tumbling. He has been through it all and he writes freely for the boys from his vast experience. They are real stories bound to hold their audiences breathlessly." -- Sully advertisement in Air Service Boys Flying for Victory
- JOE STRONG, THE BOY WIZARD; or, THE MYSTERIES OF MAGIC EXPOSED -- illustrated by Erwin L. Hess. 1916. Hearst; Sully; Whitman; G.G. Harrap.
- JOE STRONG ON A TRAPEZE; or, THE DARING FEATS OF A YOUNG CIRCUS PERFORMER -- 1916. Hearst; Sully; Whitman.
- JOE STRONG, THE BOY FISH; or, MARVELOUS DOINGS IN A BIG TANK -- 1916. Hearst; Sully.
- JOE STRONG ON THE HIGH-WIRE; or, MOTORCYCLE PERILS OF THE AIR -- 1916. Hearst; Sully; Whitman.
- JOE STRONG AND HIS WINGS OF STEEL; or, A YOUNG ACROBAT IN THE CLOUDS -- 1916. Hearst; Sully.
- JOE STRONG AND HIS BOX OF MYSTERY; or, THE TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR PRIZE TRICK -- 1919. Sully.
- JOE STRONG, THE BOY FIRE-EATER; or, THE MOST DANGEROUS PERFORMANCE ON RECORD -- 1916. Sully; Whitman.